Cant authenticate to LDAP domain with Redhat9

shaughto shaughto at ee.ucr.edu
Fri Jul 2 01:27:05 UTC 2004

Here is my config files if this helps:

[root at blochee pam.d]# cat system-auth
#%PAM-1.0

auth       required     /lib/security/pam_env.so
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_unix.so likeauth nullok
auth       sufficient    /lib/security/pam_ldap.so use_first_pass
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_deny.so

account    required     /lib/security/pam_unix.so
account    sufficient    /lib/security/pam_ldap.so

password   required     /lib/security/pam_cracklib.so retry=3
password   sufficient   /lib/security/pam_unix.so nullok md5 shadow
use_authtok
password   required     /lib/security/pam_deny.so

session    required     /lib/security/pam_limits.so
session    required     /lib/security/pam_unix.so
session    optional      /lib/security/pam_ldap.so

[root at blochee /]# cat /etc/ldap.conf
base dc=ee,dc=ucr,dc=edu
uri ldaps://ldap.ee.ucr.edu/
ldap_version 3
scope sub
timelimit 30
pam_filter objectclass=posixAccount
pam_login_attribute uid
nss_base_passwd ou=People,dc=ee,dc=ucr,dc=edu?one
nss_base_shadow ou=People,dc=ee,dc=ucr,dc=edu?one
nss_base_group ou=Group,dc=ee,dc=ucr,dc=edu?one
nss_base_netgroup ou=Netgroup,dc=ee,dc=ucr,dc=edu?one

ssl on
tls_cacertdir /etc/ssl/certs
tls_cacert /etc/ssl/certs/eeca.pem
tls_reqcert allow
[root at blochee /]#

[root at blochee /]# cat /etc/nsswitch.conf
#ident $Id: nsswitch.ldap,v 2.3 1999/04/13 22:56:43 lukeh Exp $
#
# An example file that could be copied over to /etc/nsswitch.conf; it
# uses LDAP conjunction with files.
#
# "hosts:" and "services:" in this file are used only if the
# /etc/netconfig file has a "-" for nametoaddr_libs of "inet" transports.

# the following two lines obviate the "+" entry in /etc/passwd and
/etc/group.
passwd:         files ldap
group:          files ldap

# consult DNS first, we will need it to resolve the LDAP host. (If we
# can't resolve it, we're in infinite recursion, because libldap calls
# gethostbyname(). Careful!)
hosts:          files dns

# LDAP is nominally authoritative for the following maps.
services:   files
networks:   files
protocols:  files
rpc:        files
ethers:     files

# no support for netmasks, bootparams, publickey yet.
netmasks:   files
bootparams: files
publickey:  files
automount:  files

# I'm pretty sure nsswitch.conf is consulted directly by sendmail,
# here, so we can't do much here. Instead, use bbense's LDAP
# rules ofr sendmail.
aliases:    files
sendmailvars:   files

# No one has written the LDAP support for netgroups yet, so we'll
# have to stick with NIS.
netgroup:   ldap
[root at blochee /]#

Thanks again.