Sound stop on Red Hat 9.0

forum linux forummailbox at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 2 14:36:21 UTC 2004

Hi !

I installed Red Hat Linux 9.0 on my computer. When I start a session,
everything goes well, the system detect my sound card and I can hear
music....
But sometimes when I launch xmms it tells me that it can not open audio (as
it did before).  The sound stop I can't hear music no more. My sound card is
:
- Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio (rev 12)
and the /var/log/messages is :
- Jul  2 10:01:00 teleinfo-11 modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-slot-1
- Jul  2 10:01:00 teleinfo-11 modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-service-1-0
- Jul  2 10:01:00 teleinfo-11 modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-slot-1
- Jul  2 10:01:00 teleinfo-11 modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-service-1-0

Is anybody can tell me what to do with this problem ?

Thanx a lot, Toony