Weird problem

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Tue Jul 6 19:40:44 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 06 July 2004 15:06, Ryan Golhar wrote:
> I just started experiencing this and don't know what it is.
>
> I have a server that exports all the users home directories over NFS.
> When I log into the server, I'm getting this error message:
>
> shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access
> parent directories: No such file or directory

Try either completly log off and login again, or restart the NFS. I had
something like that before, and I only vaguely remember it, but I think it
was because the parent directory was removed or something like that. It's
like bash just got confused over something, but it wasn't really big deal (at
least in my case).

RDB