filesystems and RH

Pete Nesbitt pete at linux1.ca
Thu Jul 8 02:17:26 UTC 2004

On July 7, 2004 06:28 pm, Stephen W wrote:
> I look in my /etc/filesystems and I see that reiserfs
> is not included.
>
> Is there a reason ... such as RH9 not recognizing it?
> I have a HD reiserfs (and an unused SuSE 8.2) on it
>
> What happens if I just add reiserfs to the list in
> /etc/filesystems -- will the system then be able to
> read that HD?
>
> Thanks
> StephenW

Hi Stephen,
Have a look at /proc/filesystems.

'man fs' shows
 "/proc/filesystems [shows] which  filesystems  your kernel
 currently supports.  If you need a currently  unsupported  one,
 insert the corresponding module or recompile the kernel."

Im not sure what the list in /etc/filesystems represents.
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce