Redhat Linux - Hardware and Software Information.

MKlinke mklinke at axsi.com
Fri Jul 9 13:11:01 UTC 2004

On Friday 09 July 2004 04:10, Gaurav Nigam wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Can anbody please suggest/tell me the System Functions related to
> retrieving infomation rgdg hardware (all the information like
> Monitor details, CPU speed, which cards) and software information
> (which softwares are installed). Shall be thankful if sample code
> is available or any sites available from where I get the code.
>
> Rgds,
> Gaurav.

I don't know of any "all inclusive" routines so you may have to roll
your own from the many routines available and tune for your specific
needs.

For hardware info ....

If you've loaded the kernel source read the file:

/usr/src/linux/Documentation/filesystems/proc.txt

and if you issue "man proc" and search for "see also" it lists several
other system analysis routines you'll find helpful.

For software info ....

try:

rpm -qa

to list all packages installed on yor system and

try:

<TAB><TAB> to list all routines in your current execution path.

Regards,  Mike Klinke