RH9, Procmails, quotas and Sendmail

Eucke Warren euckew at sierraelectronics.com
Fri Jul 9 21:19:17 UTC 2004

Hello all,

I've searched for this but I cannot seem to find a fix.

Presently, I am running a test RH9 server with Sendmail, milter support with
Spamassassin and vamilter with procmail handling the backend.  Quotas are
enabled and are working .  I have forced a test account into an over quota
condition and here is what happened.  Any message sent to the overquota
recipient ends up in the mailq with the following tag:

(Deferred: local mailer (/usr/bin/procmail) exited with EX_TE)

Google results were pretty thin and most were not in English.  I would like
messages for overquota accounts to be bounced and not be queued and I would
like to see some way to advisee the user to cleanout their Email.  Thoughts?
Suggestions?

Thanks in advance guys!

-Eucke