Disk useage

Pete Nesbitt pete at linux1.ca
Tue Jul 13 02:28:53 UTC 2004

On July 12, 2004 06:52 pm, Bryan Elliott wrote:
> I have a couple of mail servers that I would like to get a daily report
> of the disk usage every day what could I use to accomplish this? The
> servers are both Red Hat AS 2.1
>
> Thanks for your help.

Hi Bryan,
If you just want a little script to email you reports you could use 'df -h'
(or whatever options you like). You could also grep the results and send a
message if over a certain thresh-hold.

I have a copy of an older version I used on a solaris box. It is at:
http://www.linux1.ca you have to navigate to it (long story) by selecting
'Scripts" then at the top of that page select 'Sample Scripts'. It is called
'df-extreme.sh' (I think it will work in Linux as-is).
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce