OOT - Postfix relay_domains and tranport

Budi Febrianto bfebrian at gmx.net
Fri Jul 16 05:57:15 UTC 2004

Hello,

  I have one RHL 8.0 server with postfix installed that will relay all
  emails to domain xyz.com to internal mail server.

  Configuration:
  in main.cf:
  relay_domains =  $mydestination, xyz.com

  and in transport
  xyz.com    smtp:internal.mailserver.com

  So far it works. I can receive all emails from outside in internal
  mail server.

  My question is, if the connection between postfix server to internal
  mail server is lost, will postfix keep the emails and resend it
  again after the connection restored?
  Or postfix will bounce the emails back as undelivery or else?

--
Best regards,
 Budi Febrianto (mailto:bfebrian at gmx.net)