swap byte size?!

kalin mintchev kalin at el.net
Wed Jul 21 01:41:12 UTC 2004

ok - nobody..

so here is what i think and please correct me if I'm wrong:

bs=1024 - this would be the size of each block in bytes
count=2097152  the number if 1024 byte sized blocks in 2 gigs

1 gig is 1,073,741,824 bytes. divided by 1024 bytes/block i get 1048576
blocks - for 1 gig. so for 2 gigs it'll be 2097152 blocks.

does this logic make sense?

thanks...