configuring sendmail to reject spoofed email addresses

Donald Tyler dtyler at frazerbilt.com
Wed Jul 21 12:27:33 UTC 2004

Thanks to everyone for the replies.

Yes I see now that it would cause problems with mailing lists...

I know how to block specific domains, but the shear volume of domains that
sends junk mail makes that unmanageable (Apart from the fact that we also
get legitimate mail from some of those domains).

Steve's method of stopping people from spoofing his own domain sounds like
something I could use. I will look into implementing that in SendMail (any
info on how to do this would be appreciated).

Our SMTP server requires authentication, so I should be able to set it up
exactly as Steve has (assuming SendMail is capable of this).

Thanks again for all your help.

Donald Tyler