up2date not workin

J G rhct95051 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 17:28:29 UTC 2004

Hi

I am using RH EL3 AS for i386.

can you provide me with a mirror site to configure the sources file?

thanks

Michael Schwendt <fedora at wir-sind-cool.org> wrote:
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:13:51 -0700 (PDT), J G wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> when I do an up2date, i am able to get to the GUI screen, but when I get to the point where it fetches the latest rpm's, it hangs and I get an error saying that "
> my up2date.py file in line 559, in string requires character operand"...?
>
> never edited that file...
>
> any ideas?

What distribution? What version? What version of up2date? Can you
quote the full traceback output?

Where up2date doesn't download from Red Hat Network, but a yum/apt enabled
server, make sure you point up2date to a nearby mirror download site
instead of the master server. Download errors confuse the package parser.