Problem with ISE TCAD... "version GLIBC_2.0 not defined"

shaughto at ee.ucr.edu shaughto at ee.ucr.edu
Wed Jul 28 20:31:15 UTC 2004

I have the following problem when running ISE TCAD 9.5 on redhat 9.
When I try to run devise I get the following message:

bash-2.05b$ /usr/local/tcad/bin/devise
ISE TCAD Software Release 9.5
Devise Revision 9.5.3
Copyright (c) 1994-2003 ISE Integrated Systems Engineering AG
Portions of this software are owned by Spatial Corp. (c) 1986-2003. All
Rights Reserved.

devise: relocation error: devise: symbol __pthread_atfork, version
GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libpthread.so.0 with link time reference
bash-2.05b$

Yet when I run it as root the program runs fine.

Any ideas as to the problem.  Thanks.

--
Steven D. Haughton