Internet connection

Jeff Hogg tastin at catchnet.net
Wed Jun 2 14:57:33 UTC 2004

Toto Gamez wrote:
> I have set up a Dial-in server RH9 using mgetty. How would I give internet
> access to the dial-up client using iptables with this in my ppp/options
>192.168.100.1:192.168.100.2? When dial-up client is connected I cant ping
>192.168.100.2, I dont have any firewall and I also issue iptables -F

Have you already set the proxy arp and ktune options in the
/etc/ppp/options file?  Those two should get you routing and forwarding
your dialin connections.  You probably ought to set up some sort of
firewall once you have this running though..  This is roughly what I'm
using at the moment in my options file:

-detach
netmask 255.255.255.0
ktune