Mail Server

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Wed Jun 2 21:16:39 UTC 2004

On Jun 2, 2004, at 4:50 PM, Vivek Kumar wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Currently we have internal email system. All the mails comes in to the
> firewall box and gets forwarded to Advance server box and I have
> sendmail, anti-virus and spamassassin running on this box and after the
> mail is processed/checked it gets forwarded to the MS exchange server
> box for distribution. Outbound mails comes from MS exchange server to
> Linux Server and then goes out.
> Our management wants that people on field should be able to look into
> their mailbox from outside world when they are travelling. Now how can
> they see the mails ?? What I need to do for that ?? What I thought was
> to put one Mail server outside the firewall and that box should talk to
> Exchange server internally and also outside world and people can get to
> it as Secured mail (like yahoo mail or any other internet mail). Kindly
> help me and let me know what is the right approach.
> Appreciate your help..

Presumably your management wants field folks to be able to view their
mail via a web interface.  You'll need to use either the Exchange web
interface or some other product that supports your Exchange server.
This has nothing to do with your Linux relay server.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting