I lost my SMTP AUTH, help!

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Thu Jun 10 04:07:14 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 09 June 2004 11:20 pm, Mark London wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is a CYRUS-SASL, Redhat, or SENDMAIL problem.
><snip>
> define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A p y')dnl

You need to have:
define(`confAUTH_OPTIONS', `A')

the  'p' should *not* be there, otherwise plaintext login on non-TLS link
would not work!!

> # more /usr/lib/sasl/Sendmail.conf
> pwcheck_method: pam

In my system (RHEL 3 stock), I have this file instead:
#> cat /usr/lib/sasl2/Sendmail.conf
pwcheck_method:saslauthd

Then, turn on the saslauthd service, and keep it on:
# service saslauthd start
# chkconfig saslauthd on

also restart sendmail;
# service sendmail restart