Advanced Server free?

Eric Wood eric at interplas.com
Thu Jun 10 19:38:36 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Wood" <eric at interplas.com>
To: <techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu>; "General Red Hat Linux discussion list"
<redhat-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 3:27 PM
Subject: Re: Advanced Server free?

To continue with that though, that (to me) would "imply" that possession of
RH's code would mean WBEL *shouldn't* be redistributing what it has - even
if RH is offering up SRPMs to the world.  Because, WBEL and it's downloader
aren't RH customers and don't have the pure RHEL binaries.

Yeah, I know WBEL <> RHEL but the symantics are confusing.  That's why I
frequently hear the "you'll be out of compliance" rather than a more strong
statement - "illegal".  I still think this refers mainly to support and
binary format of updates.

-Eric Wood