Spamassassin not working (Showing error "Invalid usage" in maillog)

MKlinke mklinke at axsi.com
Tue Jun 15 02:27:06 UTC 2004

On Monday 14 June 2004 20:20, Pete Nesbitt wrote:
> On June 14, 2004 12:32 pm, Jacob Varghese wrote:
> >
> > and then run "m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc > /etc/sendmail.cf"
>
> <snip>
>

> Hi Jacob,
> I can't help with the spamassasin, but you should be outputing to
> /etc/mail/sendmail.cf not /etc/sendmail.cf (unless it's a link).

I believe this will depend on which version of RH he's running. If
RH7.3, his syntax is correct, if RH9 or later, your note is correct.
Also if he's running 7.3, I don't think that libmilter has been
compiled into sendmail, in which case he'll have to recompile
sendmail.  I'm not familiar at all with RH8.0 though .....

And, ..... don't forget to make sure that sendmail-cf (if using
sendmail.mc) and sendmail-devel (for the libmilter library) have been
installed.

Regards,  Mike Klinke