Wemin IS cool

Michael Scully agentscully at flexiblestrategies.com
Wed Jun 16 14:53:40 UTC 2004

Tom:

	I like Webmin as well, but printer configuration is the one thing on
RedHat you can't do with it.  Somewhere about 7.1 or so, RH moved their
configurations out of /etc/printcap into some proprietary files.
/etc/printcap gets re-generated each time the service is started, but you
can put other custom configurations in /etc/printcap.local  To manage
printers, you really need to use the gui printer config that Red Hat
supplies.

	You can change the Webmin config so that it manipulates the
printcap.local file instead, but then those printers don't show up if you're
using RH's tool.

	I've never been able to find out where RH keeps those
configurations.  Does anyone know?

Scully