LogRotate scripts

Nathaniel Hall halln at otc.edu
Thu Jun 17 20:12:36 UTC 2004

Hello,

I am working on a log server and would like to make the logs append only or
immutable.  What I want to do is make the first log append only and the
backlogs immutable.  Because of this, logrotate throws a fit.  I tried to
change the logrotate script for syslog, but had problems.  I tried a
prerotate script that would take off the append and immutable bits and a
post rotate script that would add them back and I got several different
errors

If anybody has any thought or ideas on this, it would really be appreciated.

Nathaniel Hall

Intrusion Detection and Firewall Technician

Ozarks Technical Community College -- Office of Computer Networking

417-799-0552