pxeboot - EXT3-fs:unable to read superblock

Grey Kuyper greykuyper at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 17 20:53:58 UTC 2004

Here is the situation:

The client computer is:

   1) booting from its local hard disk

   2) grabbing its IP and executing its programs from the server.

We already know that the PXE boot works because it gets us to the point the root file system image is needed.

That leaves one gap to cross: Creating the image and telling the boot process to use it.

Here's the problem: The clients existing root filesystem is a PIG (about 2 GB) and the client has only 128MB memory.

Can I not simply move the client's HDD to the server and point the boot process to that (new) block device?

Grey