mysql(help)

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Sat Jun 19 11:02:49 UTC 2004

On Jun 19, 2004, at 6:03 AM, md asghar wrote:

> Can anybody tell me how to give permission to diffrent
> host in the network to access mysql data base
> remotely.
>
> One solution that i know is by entering grand
> permission in the <user> table of mysql database..
> But I want to give permission to all IP of a
> particular series with out entering all the IPs in the
> <user> table.   Is it posssible .....

Please review the mysql documentation next time before posting,
particularly since this is a Red Hat list, not a MySQL list.
Nevertheless, straight out of the online manual...

"You can specify wildcards in the hostname. For example,
user_name@'%.loc.gov' applies to user_name for any host in the loc.gov
domain, and user_name@'144.155.166.%' applies to user_name for any host
in the 144.155.166 class C subnet."

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/GRANT.html