(no subject)

bubba_1 at comcast.net bubba_1 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 19 16:56:22 UTC 2004

Hi all:

I have tried compiling my own custom kernel (2.4.26 downloaded from kernel.org)
and have hit a few problems. The new kernel boots ok but some applications
result in Seg Faults. The applications in question are:

nslookup, dig, host and most important ypbind (there may be othe ones also)

The kernel supplied by RHEL WS works just fine, however, I have historically
recompiled my own custom kernel to get rid of unnecessary fat.

I have sort of traced this problem to /lib/tls. When I rename this directory to
/lib/tls.orig then all programs function properly with my custom kernel. What is this new /lib/tls supplied with the latest glic?

I have also tried this with 2.4.21 and 2.4.25 and they all behave the same way.

Does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks,