Apt or yum sources for fresh software

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Wed Jun 23 02:17:29 UTC 2004

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:59:36 -0700, Eucke Warren wrote:

> > Can someone point me in the right direction...
> >
> > I'm looking for an apt or yum source to freshen up my RedHat 9 install
> > with things like Samba 3.0 and Kernel 2.6.
> >
> > I tried using the Fedora sources, but it "dosent go". Any help is
> > appericated. Thanks.
>
> http://www.fedoralegacy.org

Err, no.

The Fedora Legacy project keeps old releases of Red Hat Linux [and in the
future, Fedora Core] alive with critical security/bug fixes. But they do
not plan or develop major features upgrades, such as pushing RHL9 to Samba
3.x or Kernel 2.6.

A regular distribution upgrade to Fedora Core 2 would give you such software.