Bad Performance RLOGIN e RSH

Steve steve at focb.co.nz
Fri Jun 25 04:03:16 UTC 2004

You may also want to let us know

* speed of the network
* Type of solaris box
* Interface speeds
* connection types (hubs, switches etc)
* speeds you are expecting
* the old system that (I am guessing) worked ok was a ... (fill in the
blanks)

You may also want to look at turning off ECN if it is enabled (I am
guessing that it is an old system based on the fact that you are using rsh
and rlogin which have been superseeded (a few years back) with ssh and
scp)

There may be other things you can check (what sort of boxes are we
talking, how loaded are they ? etc etc) and a tcpdump of the network
traffic may highlight whats going on as well, but this may well be outside
the scope of the list..

--
Steve.