Wireless security

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Jun 25 15:18:46 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-25 at 22:51, Jason Dixon wrote:

> > Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Layered security is key.  Check out my presentation from a
> not-so-recent LUG:
>
> http://www.calug.com/13aug03talk/80211b_security_20030813.sxi
>
> In short, you'll want a combination of
> encryption/authentication/filtering at multiple layers.  Examples would
> include WEP (layer 2 encryption), EAP, IPSec (layer 3
> encryption/authentication), MAC filtering, etc.  Hopefully this will
> get you started, feel free to ping me off-list for more
> information/questions.

And the newest level of protection..."stealth wallpaper".

http://networks.silicon.com/lans/0,39024663,39121501,00.htm

an excerpt from the article....

UK defence contractor BAE Systems has developed a stealth wallpaper to
beat electronic eavesdropping on company Wi-Fi networks.

The company has produced panels using the technology to produce a screen
that will prevent outsiders from listening in on companies' Wi-Fi
traffic but let other radio and mobile phone traffic get through.

--
"An opinion is like an asshole - everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan, The Dead Pool - 1988.