553 sorry, your envelope sender domain must exist (#5.7.1)

Robert Canary phantom at ohiocounty.net
Sun Jun 27 17:39:58 UTC 2004

Dennis,

Your defualt setting in the sendmail.cf file
prevents sendmial from recieving mail accept on
the local machine (127.0.0.1)

DAEMON OPTIONS('Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1,Name=mta')dnl

This should be all on one line.  Your email may
have truncated it.

The machine which you are sending mail must have a
valid FQDN.  With junk mail running rampid these
days, most properly adminstered MTAs will reject
mail from a host which dosen't reverse resolve or
dosen't have a proper host lookup.
localhost.localdomain is a dummy hostname used for
looping on a single machine (or sometimes on a
closed network).