ls * problem

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Mon Jun 28 14:39:09 UTC 2004

As per list below i have 9 Redhat machines running version  2.4.18 and 7
Redhat machines running 2.4.2. I have been having a problem with my  2.4.18
machines in that when i do a ls * on some directories i get a messages
saying " No Match" but if i go to the same area on my 2.4.2 machines it
just lists the files fine as you would expect it too. I had a look into it
a bit and found a rpm package called lsof. On my 2.4.18 machines i have
lsof -4.51-2 and on my 2.4.2 machines i have lsof-4.51-1 which means that
the later version of lsof seems to have the problem. I do not think i can
across this problem and if so what did you do to fix it .I would be
grateful for some instructions on the fix as well  if possible?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards

Andrew Bridgeman
IT Systems Engineer