RedHat 9 install

Eucke Warren euckew at sierraelectronics.com
Tue Jun 15 22:27:13 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vivek Kumar" <vivekk at gorave.net>
To: "General Red Hat Linux discussion list" <redhat-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 11:19 AM
Subject: RedHat 9 install

> Hi all,
>
> In case I install REDHAT 9 on my pers. system then how can I get update.
> RedHat 9 is free so does up2date work with redhat 9 ?? If not then what
> version of RH should I install.
>

> Thanks
>
> Vivek

Well, in case you DO install it then you should get yourself familiar with
http://www.fedoralegacy.org .  I am working through a couple of engineering
projects with RH9.  Apt-get seems to work very well just be advised that it
will not automatically update kernels....nor should you want it to do so.

There is also a mailing list for this as well which you should find linked
off of the website.  You should be advised that Fedora Legacy is not owned
or endorsed by Red Hat.

Best Regards,

Eucke