ls * problem

Will Mc Donald wmcdonald at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 29 11:06:19 UTC 2004

I really wouldn't recommend removing fileutils. It's not just ls that's in there.

It definately looks like it's the shell, not ls itself. I don't really know csh at all but are the profiles and rc files the same between the working and non working machines? Can you give us a listing of all the filenames returned by running "ls -al" using bash?