Broadcom network card

Asbjorn Hoiland Aarrestad asbjorn at aarrestad.com
Wed Mar 3 08:10:01 UTC 2004

hi!

I have a dell PowerEdge 2650 with a broadcom gigabit card. The machine
has been working, but now I'm not able to get any packages over the
ethernet card. I run redhat 7.3

We think the problem started after we changed the switch from a
100Mbit/sec switch to a 1Gbit switch.
The error I get is "tg3_stop_block timed out".

The lights on the network card are lit.
If I unplug the network cable, I get a message "eth0 down", and when I
plug it back in, I get "network up...." (+ some info)

I've tried to change back to the old switch, but I still don't get any
packages over the ethernet card.

When trying to list the "routes", I only get the one of the local net
and localhsot.

I can ping localhost and my own IP, but I can't ping the gw or the dns
server

I've tried to change the driver to bcm5700, but still no luck.

any hints?

regards
Asbjørn