Hardware Testing

Will Mc Donald wmcdonald at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 10 11:02:10 UTC 2004

From: "Christian Campbell" <ccampbell at brueggers.com>

> Does anyone know of any utilities I can use to boot from CD or floppy to
> test Intel based hardware?  Memory, CPU, video, IDE drives, etc.

There are diagnostics routines for exactly this on the HP/Compaq SmartStart CDs though they could be tailored specifically to Proliant hardware. The newer ones are linux based too.

Alternatively there's probably a Knoppix variant that'll do what you require. Or you could always knock up a Knoppix with the addition of tools you want.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=knoppix+diagnostic&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=linux+diagnostic&meta=

http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/04/02/16/2325256.shtml?tid=137&tid=185

Will.