trying to resolve dependencies!!! (libcrypto.so.4)

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 11 12:58:32 UTC 2004

we have an ongoing issue that's perplexing at best...

we have searched through google and other sites, trying to find the
libcrypto.so.4/libssl.so.4 files.

we came across the openssl-0.9.7a-5.1.i386.rpm file, which appears to state
that the required files are in the package. we downloaded, and attempted to
install the apckage, only to be informed that libcrypto.so.2<<<<< is
required by 20-30 other apps!!!!

so, how should one go about trying to update their system!!!!

right now, we're fearful that we've totally screwed this up...

thanks...

bruce
bedouglas at earthlink.net
(925) 866-2790