Time for some backups

Roger Beever roger2 at rogernet.net
Fri Mar 12 19:33:00 UTC 2004

Thanks both Reuben and Ed.

I think I have Ed's recommendation working but it may need fine tuning.
Also rsnapshot may be a little too automated for my needs so Reuben's
might be what I finally  opt for.
I guess I can always run rsnapshot hourly and then stop it but there may
be a one shot option any way as I have not read the full man just the
howto.
Basically the workstation gets shut down at night as the fan keeps me
awake once I get a quiet machine rsnapshot will be ideal.
But at least occasional backups are better than none and there is a good
chance they will be daily from now on.
No further replies needed unless to explain / expand any questions
raised by my ignorance or there is mileage in a general discussion in
which case feel free.
Thanks again
Roger.