Could be routing problem?

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Sat Mar 20 19:25:40 UTC 2004

At 07:08 3/20/2004, you wrote:
>I implemented each of your suggestions one at a time.  Still the same
>behavior.  (I restarted sendmail after each change, even though I knew
>that wasn't necessary)  Each time an e-mail arrives, it still goes through
>26 hops (25 max) before being delivered by default.

So maybe it's not a name resolution issue. Put in on the back burner, come
back to it later. Can you post the contents of these files?

/etc/mail/local-host-names
/etc/mail/relay-domains
/etc/mail/virtusertable
/etc/mail/sendmail.mc

I don't know if I missed any. The point is to check the sendmail files that
control local delivery. What version of Red Hat Linux are you using, by the
way, and am I correct in assuming that you've updated to the latest stable
sendmail for that version?

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com