XP Faxing

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Mon Mar 22 17:35:08 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

I've just been looking at network faxing with Windows XP.  I've found in one
of the FAQs the following:

 23) Why can't I share my fax modem when using XP Fax?

The XP Fax Service does not support sharing. The Fax Console Help Files
contain instructions on how to configure a remote Fax Printer, but those
instructions refer to using XP Fax as a client, not as a shared service. XP
Fax can serve as a client to fax programs that do support sharing, such as
Small Business Server Fax and Windows Server 2003 Fax.

Based on this startling piece of information, and the fact that I have a
number of Linux boxes at around with Fax modems in, can people suggest
workable (read by thick users) solution.
--
Gary Stainburn