Updating RH 7.3

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Mar 25 12:08:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 12:08:17AM -0600, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> At 20:30 3/24/2004, you wrote:
> >In Red hat`s site rh7.3 and rh8.0 upgrade time will finish this year.
> >Maybe the rh7.3`s upgrade time is finished.
> >
> >And rh9.0 upgrgrade time will finish maybe in april.
>
> RHL-7.3 and RHL-8.0 reached EOL (End Of Life) on December 31, 2003. They
> are no longer supported. Red Hat was nice enough to release a few patches
> beyond the deadline, but no more.
>
> RHL-9 will reach EOL in about five weeks, on April 30, 2004.

I was surprised, only about 2 weeks ago, to find that I could still do
"up2date -u" on a RH 8 box, and it pulled down all the updates from
RH and did the update.

I understand that there are no NEW updates, but still, it was nice to
be able to bring it up to at least the state it s hould have been in at
the end of the year.

So, my point is, it MAY be that you can do the same for 7.3, if RH has
been so kind as to not remove the necessary files from their servers, yet.