Apaceh2 with SSL and multiple virtual host

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Fri Mar 26 02:56:13 UTC 2004

Hi all,
I am trying to set up Apache to work with SSL (https://...). I have apache2
and all the necessary packages from RHEL 3 distro.
I followed the instruction here step by step to create the key, self-signed
certificate, etc:
https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/sysadmin-guide/s1-secureserver-accessingserver.html

The server started without any problem, but when I tried to use
https://www.mydomain1.com

my mozilla browser gives me :
"The connection to www.mydomain1.com has terminated unexpectedly. Some data
may have been transferred."

and on the server error_log:
Invalid method in request !g!!

I googled for that and tried everything that I found, and still did not work.
My setup is the following, i have 3 domain that points to this server, let's
just call them:
www.mydomain1.com
www.mydomain2.com
www.mydomain3.com

So I set up VirtualHost in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf for each of them. Now, I
only want www.mydomain3.com to be served securely as
https://www.mydomain3.com, while the other 2 just use the plain HTTP.

Is this possible at all ?  Also, I want any request to
http://www.mydomain3.com be automatically redirected to the corresponding
https address.

Another thing that I tried, is I copy the VirtualHost _default_ definition in
ssl.conf file, then replace it with the virtualhost info for mydomain3.com.
When I did that, https://www.mydomain3.com works, but trying to access:
http://www.mydomain2.com gives:

BAD REQUEST
Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Reason:
You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port. Instead use the
HTTPS scheme to access this URL,  please.
Hint: https://www.mydomain3.com

So I'm utterly confused. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja