Apaceh2 with SSL and multiple virtual host

Mobeen Azhar moby at mobsternet.com
Fri Mar 26 17:52:57 UTC 2004

The most commong cause, IMHO, of the error you are seeing Reuben is that
nowhere in the plethora of .conf files for apache2 do you have an entry
telling apache which SSL server certificate to use.  Make sure that
somewhere in your effective .conf files, you have an entry like below:

SSLCertificateFile <full path and name of your server certificate file>

Hope this helps,

--Moby

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.  -- Benjamin Franklin

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.  --  Pastor Martin Niemöller