Apaceh2 with SSL and multiple virtual host

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Sat Mar 27 05:18:26 UTC 2004

On Friday 26 March 2004 11:23 pm, you wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 09:23:42PM -0500, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:
> > On Friday 26 March 2004 07:30 pm, Mobeen Azhar wrote:
> > > Sorry Reuben if I misunderstood, are you trying a named virtual host
> > > over SSL?
> >
> > Moby,
> > I have virtual hosts  working before (there are 3). I am trying to set so
> > that one of those virtual host runs over ssl. The rest will be happy with
> > just running over plain HTTP. Is that possible, and how?
>
> You can't have a named-based virtual host over ssl.  You must have an
> IP-based virtual host for this.  In order to figure out what host name
> you're using for ssl, you need to decrypt the header.  In order to
> figure out what certificate to use, you need to know the virtual host
> name.  That's a catch-22.  That's why it won't work.

hmmm.. so, since I have all of this domain name pointing to the same IP
address (2 domain names are A record, 1 is CNAME record in the DNS), this
wont work ?
But can I have all those domain name that I have as virtual hosts be
accessible both as https and http, or than won't work either?

Thanks for all the help

RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja