without MAC addr in dhcpd.conf will not get IP addr

myothello myothello myothello2 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 29 07:26:38 UTC 2004

Here is what my dhcpd.conf looks like.  After I have
commented out the host client1 and client2, the
clients will not be able to obtain the ip dynamic ip
address.

/etc/dhcpd.conf :

allow booting;
allow bootp;
default-lease-time 600;
max-lease-time 7200;
option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
option broadcast-address 192.168.1.255;
option domain-name-servers 192.168.1.1;
option domain-name “TESTNUX.COM”;

subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
range 192.168.1.15 192.168.1.100;
}
group {
	next-server 192.168.1.1;