auto delete email in mailbox

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Mon Mar 29 15:20:07 UTC 2004

On Monday 29 March 2004 10:10 am, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> On Monday 29 March 2004 4:01 pm, Chris Purcell wrote:
> > > We are using the stock Sendmail and all mail is stored in the
> > > /var/spool/mail directory under individual mailboxes as the name of the
> > > login on the server.  Basically we made no change to it from the
> > > original  installation of RHEL AS.

> I've not used them personally, but Perl does have modules on CPAN for
> handling mbox format files too. It may be worth looking at those rather
> than go through the hastle of changing MTAs

How about running it thru procmail? Isn't procmail has some sort of option
that you can run mail thru it after it's received? I've never used it myself,
but if it does, then that's probably easier. Then you just need the procmail
rule to delete email that was arrived before certain date.

RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Department of Physics and Astronomy