Fwd: pppd does not persist enough, gives up after 10 attempts

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Mon Mar 8 10:12:08 UTC 2004

Hi!

Got no responses, and haven't found the answer on my own either after a
week, so I am reposting an earlier question. Anyone care to comment?

The basic question is: how can I tell pppd to redial until hell freezes
over, and NEVER stop trying to reestablish the connection? The "persist"
parameter quits after 10 hang-ups.

Thanks!