Re: ftp server problem

this my /etc/hosts.allow
but it still does n t  work
Manuel Aróstegui Ramirez a écrit:
 --- Adel Essafi <adelpfe yahoo fr> escribió: > hi
list

I have installed the FTP service on my redhat linux
9.0 system.
it allows me connect  from localhost but it displays

/[root linuxstqtion root]# ftp localhost
Connected to linuxstqtion.
220 (vsFTPd 1.1.3)
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
530 Please login with USER and PASS.
*KERBEROS_V4 rejected as an authentication type*
Name (localhost:root): isi
331 Please specify the password.
Password:
230 Login successful. Have fun.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp>
/

try ftp localhost -n
The -n restrains ftp from attempting ``auto-login''
upon initial connection.

also , it does not allow me connect from remote
hosts.
have you any idea of this problem
thanks

Have you got in your /etc/hosts.allow ALL:ftpd
--
Madrid TE QUIERO

=====
--

Manuel Aróstegui Linux user 200896

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es

#
# hosts.allow	This file describes the names of the hosts which are
#		allowed to use the local INET services, as decided
#		by the '/usr/sbin/tcpd' server.
#
ALL:ftpd