warning banner for redhat graphic login

Anish Mathew nedumannilanish at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 4 11:05:36 UTC 2004

 --- zhicheng wang <wang_zc at yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > dear
all

> I am requested to change the welcome text e.g. for
> gdm, "Welcome to [hostname]"
> to include some security warning message. But I have
> tried using gdmsetup
> (followed by gdm-restart, even reboot), or manually
>
> editing /etc/X11/gdm/factory-gdm.conf and
> /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf, the welcome
> message stayed the same.
>
> I have tried this on both AS3 and RH8.0, not effect
> at
> all.
>
> thanks
> cheng

Hi Cheng,
What you are looking for is located in the xml file
situated in the directory /usr/share/gdm/themes/"your
theme name".
manually edit the section
<text>Welcome to %h</text>

just give a search for this particular entry and
change it according to your need.

Anish

=====
It is not that the world has no love;It is that you are not getting it from where you expect it

Chat instantly with your online friends?  Get the
FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/