Sendmail/Postfix to act as the main exchanger but forward all emailto Exchange! Any proven results?

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Tue May 4 18:16:16 UTC 2004

Sebastijan Petrovic <mailto:SebastijanP at digitaldanka.com>
    on Tuesday, May 04, 2004 11:03 AM said:

> Has anyone successfully setup Sendmail/Postfix to act as the main
> exchanger but forward all email to Exchange? I know there are
> numerous articles that provide bits, but is anyone using it and if so
> can they share config files?

here is my setup:

internet > linux (sendmail, spamassassin) > exchange2k > users >
exchange2k > internet

what this means is the following:

1. all incoming mail first goes through our spam filter
2. it then is forwarded to our exchange server
3. which then forwards all the mail to the users inboxes
4. all outgoing mail comes from the exchange2k server itself. it does
not pass through the filter on the way out.

are you stuck on a certain spot in the configuration in particular?

chris.