question about RHEL-ES ISO's

Bill Tangren bjt at aa.usno.navy.mil
Wed May 5 12:56:03 UTC 2004

Ed Wilts wrote:
> On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 08:08:04AM -0400, Bill Tangren wrote:
>
>>Ed Wilts wrote:
>>
>>>Do the MD5SUMS match?
>>>

>># md5sum -b rhel-3-U1-i386-es-disc1.iso
>>c05e271aab0e2158ddc84a7595204385 *rhel-3-U1-i386-es-disc1.iso
>>#
>>
>>This matches.
>

> You've verified the ISO but not the actual CD.
>

>>The error message I get is:
>>
>>"No Red Hat Enterprise Linux CD was found that matches your boot media."
>

> When you boot off the CD, does the installer start up?  It looks like
> it, since that message couldn't have come from the BIOS.  Did you verify
> your media when it prompts during the install?

Yes, the installer starts. I don't know how to verify the CD. I *can*
tell you that when I try to mount the CD on the machine I am trying to
use it on, I get this message:

# mount /dev/cdrom
udf: registering filesystem
UDF-fs: no VRS found
#

It does successfully mount the CD, however.

One thing that may be important: I burnt the CD using a scsi CDRW drive
(on one system), and I am trying to install on another system where the
CD drive is IDE. The README on the install CD indicates that I may need
a diskette created using one of the image files located on the CD. I
don't know how to do that either. :|

Bill