pdf files are not opening in Mozilla web browser

Pete Nesbitt pete at linux1.ca
Fri May 7 16:23:20 UTC 2004

On May 7, 2004 07:43 am, Vivek Kumar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Whenever I try to open any pdf file in the Mozilla browser, I see the
> message done at the bottom but no pdf file gets open in the browser. I
> can see the url and it says xxxxx.pdf there. Is there any setting which
> I can change to make this happen.
>
> Thanks
>
> Vivek

Just to confirm what is going on, you should d/l the pdf and see if Acrobat
works properly on a local file. You can open it with GostView, but I don't
know about5 a pluggin that way.

Anyway, my point is that depending on your RH version (should always state
that in post) there may be a locale setting issue effecting Acrobat, which
you only see when opening into the app, not as a pluggin.
If you get an error like:
"Warning : charset "UTF-8" not supported,using "ISO8859-1"
then search this list (I use
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=redhat-list&r=1&w=2 ) for "acrobat reader".
It has been covered previously in this list.
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce