RH 9's openssl??

Benjamin J. Weiss benjamin at weiss.name
Mon May 10 14:29:34 UTC 2004

In order to maintain compatibility, RedHat wouldn't release the new version
of the software.  Instead, they'd "backport" the security fix.  This means
that they'd take a look at the code that fixes the problem in the new
version, then modify it so that it would work in the version that they'd
shipped with RHL 9.

As long as you had the last available update from RH, you're secure.

Ben