Problem with inbound connections

Daniel H. Vickers shrekster at danielvickers.com
Sat May 15 01:17:18 UTC 2004

OK, I got it figured out this morning. For some reson, during the install of
RH9, I had put no firewall, but after examination through webmin there was a
chain for lokkit (don't know the full name of the chain now), that had
everything locked down. I removed the entire chain. So I could start from
scratch. I want to thank everyone for thier help and kind response. If it
had not been for you and the one nice person, on dare I say, yahoo chat for
linux. I would probably just keept looking it over, thinking nothing of it.
In answer to some questions I had been asked, just for the sake of the
discussion list.
Internet connection: Comcast Cable Modem 3Meg stream - Modem is Terayon
TJ715x with access to the network through either cat5 type cable or usb
cable. I have it run on through the hub, so it's running cat5 type cable
now.
Total dynamic ( i believe that's right, for the type of ip address that
change when you reconnect the cable modem or reboot a computer) 1 for my
linux box, 1 for my windows box, 1 for my daughters computer and one shared
for my internet phone and my gf's computer when she is here, just switch
back and forth between the 2 when needed. So a total of 4 ip address.
Type of share: 5 port hub. All 5 ports in use.

On questions 4 and 5. 4, yes can access local 5, i can not access from
remote machine. was that is.

Thanks again everyone. you were all wonderful with all of your help.

Daniel Vickers.
Your Friendly Cognigen Agent: camvida
Daniel Vickers (DV) Communications
http://danielvickers.com/dvc
http://ld.net/?camvida
Office #: 1-646-405-3712
Email Address: daniel at danielvickers.com
Get a free T1 quote @ http://danielvickers.com/freequote
Turn Your Broadband and/or 56k dial up connection into a full fledge
telephone @ http://danielvickers.com/internetphone make calls from your pc
to regular phones and also recieve calls from regular phones, with many
choice of area codes to choose from. I do have infmation for making it work
under linux also, so dont hesitate to check it out. Or contact me.