Using USB on Dell Computer, RedHat 8.0

Ed Kim edkim80 at hotmail.com
Tue May 18 18:36:19 UTC 2004

Unless you have 2 usb controllers, i would suggest only loading either uhci
or ohci...
then insmod usb-storage (i believe that this is the crucial module you are
missing)
if the disk is plugged in at this point and it still doesnt work, un plug it
and plug it back in.
This seems to work for my usb2 external hd.

hope this helps
Ed